I have only 3 reasons to think of walking away from one of the most incredible job I have had in a long time. They are called Connor, Chloe and Kylie. I was given the opportunity to play "mommy" for a while and I am embracing it. Tom is working lots and it just doesn't make sense to have the stress of two full time parents when we can afford to live on one income. Unfortunately this means a huge lack of milkshakes (thanks to Ali for that song) but I can survive. I have been working at the 911 center for the past 4 years and loved it. They were truly a family. It took so much effort not to cry while walking out the door. I have made such good friends there, people who were there when I needed them most. It was and still is an incredible group of individuals who truly care about the community. I will eventually fade into the memory of the dispatchers who have been there the longest. Someday someone will say "remember that dispatcher, the one who was always pregnant? What was her name?" I hope I was able to touch a few people's lives while I was there.
To everyone who continues to do that job, thank you. You are the unsung heroes, the people behind the scenes who work diligently to help those in need. You will always be needed.
For now, I will try to be as good of a mom as I can possibly be. And I will be sure to bring the "babies" in to say hi from time to time...
No comments:
Post a Comment