Monday, January 11

The 2010 me

Isn't it amazing how 1 day makes it seem like everything can change and you can simply become a whole different person overnight? Then only 2 days later you realize you are still the same person and everything has remained the same. I vowed to myself that there will be some changes in my life. I have not however really begun those changes. There are many things I would love to be better at. My spiritual life, my financial life, my organized life and my home life. I am however really looking at myself in these areas. I can say I want to be just like whomever (my mom, a good friend, a tv personality) but I know I need to just be myself. There are many areas that need to begin being changed. How do I make all these changes. I am tired of the excuses...If the kids would just sleep through the night then I could get up early...if I just had some time alone then the house could get cleaned right....If I just had more money I could buy the things I needed that would change our lives drastically!...And the wonderful, Oh Lord help me today to be a better person (while never actually making any attempt to do it even if He does give me the ability). Once again, all excuses. So, 2010 is here, almost 2 weeks in, I am the same 2009 version and yet longing so badly to be the 2010 person I had dreamed I could become. You see, this year brings about a few things. 10 years ago my husband and I met, my oldest child turns 5 and will be in school 5 days a week! My second will be in preschool and the baby will be turning 2. And of course the scariest is I will be 30 this year. You know how you have this picture of yourself and it never really feels like you are getting older, and then it is beginning to hit me. 30 isn't old at all, however it is not the young carefree 20's person. I have goals before I got there and now I need to reach them. I promised myself when I was 30 I would not weigh what I do now, or have my house or checkbook look like what it does right now. So, cheers to 2010. May it finally be the year that the changes really happen!! Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Jon and Amy said...

Good Luck, Amy! What you wrote was very inspiring and I can't wait to see how God works in your life (and my life) this year!
Love ya!